Dharma TV is an international television channel established with the purpose of spreading teachings of Buddha, Bodhi Satwas and other Buddhist Siddhas.
It was established in the name of Mahabodhi Television as an online TV by Venerable Khen Rinpoche (Dr.)Sonam Gyurme Tamang in 2009.
Now it has become the first Buddhist Satellite Television in the name of Dharma Television in Nepal registered under Information Department of the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Govt. of Nepal.
It has been broadcasting around 40 different program on Buddhist teachings, meditation, philosophy, applied Buddhism, story, trainings, various talks, news and reports as a leading television.
Dharma Television recently launching programs in major Nepali and English languages and in near future it will manage to broadcast in major four languages such as English, Chinese, Hindi and Nepali and other local languages and European languages.
Now Dharma Television can be watched in cable TV within in entire Nepal and soon it can be watched in hundreds of countries on satellite TV and it can be also watched worldwide except few countries on IP TV, Mobile App, Website, YouTube and other social media.
In the future, programs will be designed in the proper guidance of the enlightened ones, renowned Buddhist masters and practitioners.
Dharma TV will not only broadcast programs but it directly or indirectly involves in researches and preservation of worldwide Buddhist heritage and academic and non-academic education and institution.
To bring worldwide Buddhist communities into Noble Sangha and its noble path, Dharma TV will play a role with different worldwide society to make this objective fruitful.
Through the concepts of Buddhist art of living, religious tolerance, brotherhood and compassionate practices, Dharma TV will always seek to make the balanced societies and it plays a guardian role among countries.
Special Campaign of Dharma Television
Dharma Television has especial campaign to provide ‘Monastery Affiliated Membership’ and Sangha Affiliated Membership to worldwide monastery and organizations and Dharma TV will play a role of An Official Media of worldwide monasteries and organizations. It has also been joining worldwide monks and nuns as its ‘Dharma Sambahak’ (Dharma Teachers) and other lay people to Dharma Intelligent Group to make involve in the welfare for nation and entire world.
THE PROBLEMS, CHALLENGES AND SOLUTION
The main problem for decreasing the population of Buddhist in Nepal is the lack of Buddhist monastic schools, colleges, institutes and Buddhist media and as the challenges everyday Buddhist followers from mountain and remote area entering to other religion. Its permanent solution is to establish Buddhist schools , Buddhist College and Buddhist Television which will serve 24 hours people with various important topics of Buddhist studies and practices and followers keep practicing Buddhism and gradually promote it to not only Nepal but entire world.
Primary objective of Dharma Television is to bring peace, happiness, compassion, love, kindness and peace among people through the philosophy of Buddhist doctrine and Buddha. Basic focus will be to make research documentary of worldwide Buddhist heritage, pilgrimage, movie on Buddhist Philosophy, DVD of different courses, Yoga, Meditation, Himalayan Language, Himalayan Grammar, Astrological and healing trainings.
It will distribute all documentaries and course video to the schools and colleges of country and worldwide Buddhist institutes and organizations to make Buddhism as a subject of core study and research.
This television is established for the development and well-being of all the people without discrimination on the caste, creed, gender and religion.
THE OBJECTIVES OF DHARMA TELEVISION ARE TO:
1. Broadcast programs on Buddhist philosophy, meditation, yoga, meditative music, Buddhist art, ritual, Astrology and other Various news, talks shows, research, etc.
2. Broadcast documentary video which are entertaining and provides knowledge relating to Buddhist culture, philosophy etc. focusing to children education.
3. Making and broadcasting documentary video on global Buddhist heritages, Buddhist archeology, historical places and develop them as a syllabus of the subjects for the University, college and social organization.
4. Researching on different places and make research documentary video that provides the exact information on particular places.
5. Making and broadcasting video album of teachings and practices on all Buddhis tradition such as Himalaya Buddhist tradition, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indian Buddhist tradition .
6. Taking video shoots of the teaching and practices of different schools of Buddhist University as complete series of Academic Buddhist curriculum.
7. Broadcast the Buddha dharma, its principle so that it can be known throughout the world and also conserve some important Buddhist Tradition.
8. Forecast or film the cultural and religious program like Dharma dance, Loshar festival, traditional marriage organized by various monastery, vihar, schools, institutes, organization and devotees. After forecasting, regarding the request of the organizer it also produces DVD documentary movie and distributes to the related person and organization.
9. Broadcasting live distance teaching, talks, reports, events, conferences, meetings, announcement, traditional and cultural programs and other programs of different countries.
10. Providing Affiliations ‘Monastery Affiliated Membership’ Sangha Affiliated Membership, ‘Dharma Sambahak Membership’ ‘Dharma Intelligent Group’s Membership’ of Dharma Television as an Official Media to work worldwide effectively for the benefit of worldwide Buddhist monasteties, organization, masters and lay practitioners.
11.Collect different kinds of documentary from various countries relating with religion and culture of Buddhism and subtitle them into English, Chinese and Nepali etc. and to broadcast and distribute them.
DHARMA TELEVISION WILL PRODUCE AND BROADCAST FOLLOWING DOCUMENTRIES IN MANY LANGUAGES OR WITH MANY SUBTITLES IN THE FUTURE AND DISTRIBUTE AS A CURRICULUMS FOR SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES
1. Buddhist Religion related to the physical structure, the Stupa, Monastery, and Meditation Center, Mystery of legendary fellow, the statue of Buddha
2. Documentary of Buddhist infrastructure, Renovation, Monastery, Meditation Center, Renovation of the place of pilgrimage, construction of metallurgy, making of Thanka, Stone arts etc.
3. Documentary film on Religious Activities, worships, Chanting, Devotional songs (Vajan) etc.
4. Documentary film about Discourses, Biographies of Buddhas , Bodhi satwas, scholars, Teachers, Philosophers, lecturers, Rinpoche , Monks and Phd holders.
5. Documentary about Tripitaka, Nine Mahayana sutras, Kangyur-tengyur.
6. Keeping record about already created programs by other people like Documentary, Dhamma Serial, Public Talk, Discourses, Animation Film, and Cartoons.
7. Making Studio Recorded Talk Show, Discourses, Question- Answer, Public Talk, Chanting etc.
8. Develop Tele-serial on the basis of Buddha’s Jataka Tell, Mani Kabum, Kathang Denga, Tripitaka, Nawagranthasutra, kangyur, Tengyur, Swayambhu Purana and other based on Buddhist history.
9. Make animated serial, Film, Feature Film and Cartoons related to Buddhism.
10.Make documentaries on Lumbini, Baudha, Swayambhu, Bodhgaya etc about global Buddhist heritages.
11.Live Phone in (Question Answer) Dharma Talk Show, multi personalities.
12.Telecast Live Phone in (Question Answer) Dharma Talk Show.
13.Making Recorded Live Quiz Contest.
Running Programs on Dharma Television
DHARMA AWARDS & SPECIAL PROGRAM
1. Riwo Sangchhoe
2. Saddharma Anugrihit Jivan Yatra
3. The Helping Hands
4. Global Monastery & Sangha Convention
NEWS & UPCOMING PROGRAM
1. Dharma Samachar
2. Samyukta Samachar
3. Dharma News
4. Collective News
5. Express News
6. National Municipality News
7. Rastriya Palika Samachar
8. Rastriya Palika Sambad
9. Bishes Sandarbha
1. Dharma Sambad
2. Janahit Awaj
3. Samyak Prasna
4. Our Generation
TEACHING & TRAININGS
1. Himalaya School
2. Gyalse Laglen
3. Path of Peace
4. Dharma Discourse
5. Why Nyungne is so important ?
6. Thoema Practice
7. Buddhist date and significance
1. Samyak Sambuddha
2. Paramaarth Abhidhamma
3. Buddhist Art & Architecture
4. Vajrayana Buddhism
5. Buddhist, Science & Philosophy
DOCUMENTERY, BIO-GRAPHY & STORIES
1. Life Story of Prominent Masters
2. Pilgrimage Visit
3. Life Story of Vikhkhuni Kamala
4. Life Story of Buddha
5. Story of Guru Padma Sambhav
DHARMA SONGS, MANTRAS & PRAYERS
1. Puja & Dharma Practices
2. Dharma Tunes
BEST WISHES, FUN & CULTURAL PROGRAM
1. Best Wishes
2. Fun Games with Monks
3. Cultural Program
4. Mantra & bhajan
FOLLOWING ARE TARGETED PROGRAMS WHICH WILL BE BROADCASTED ON DHARMA TELEVISION SOON
1. Dharma Awards 2021 (Award Program)
2. Miss Bhrikuti Tara(Beauty Pageant)
3. World Buddhist Heritage (Land of Buddha) विश्व बौद्ध सम्पदा (बुद्ध भूमि)
4. Distance Dharma Talks दुूरी धर्म संवाद
5 Distance Dharma Discourses दूरी धर्म उपदेश
6Language Training and Certificate Offering Training
7 Propose of Life
8 Applied Buddhism व्यवहारिक बौद्ध शिक्षा
9 Buddhist History
10 Life with Right livelihood संयक जीविकोपार्जन
11 Daily Buddhist Practices दैनिक बौद्ध अभ्यास
12 Himalayan Buddhism हिमाली बौद्ध धर्म
13 Vajrayana Buddhism बज्रयान बौद्ध धर्म
14 Culture and Tradition
15Non Sectarian Buddhism असम्प्रदायिक बौद्ध धर्म
16 Political Science of Buddhism बौद्ध राजनीतिक विज्ञान
17 Social Science of Buddhism बौद्ध सामाजिक विज्ञान
18 Buddhism and Modern Science बौद्ध धर्म र वर्तमान विज्ञान
19 Buddhist Philosophy बौद्ध दर्शन
20 History of Buddhism बुद्ध धर्मको इतिहास
21 Buddhism for youth युवाहरुका लागि बौद्ध धर्म
22 Morning session of Puja and practices शुभ प्रभात पुजा तथा अभ्यास
23 Evening session of Puja and practices सन्ध्या कालिन पुजा तथा अभ्यास
24 An introduction to a Meditation ध्यान एक परिचय
25 An introduction to a Buddhist Healing साधना उपचार एक परिचय
26 Comparative Philosophy of Buddhism पारम्पारिक बौद्ध धर्म
27 Buddhist Pilgrimage बौद्ध तिर्थ
28 A biography of Padma Sanbhawa and others गुरु पद्य संभव जीवनी
29 Global Buddhist Activities विश्व बौद्ध गतिविधि
30 The Compassion करुणा
31 An analysis to Dharma TV Award धर्म टिभी पुरस्कार एक समिक्षा
32 Buddhist Children School. बौद्ध बाल विद्यालय
33 Jataka Tales and Life Story of Buddha बुद्ध जीवनी
34 Life style according to Buddha बौद्ध जीवन शैली
35 Interact छलफल
36 Monastic Management Program. गुम्बा व्यवस्थापन कार्यक्रम
37 Daily Practice दैनिक अभ्यास
38 Prosperous Life सम्वृद्ध जीवन
39 Blessing and empowerment आर्शिवाद एवं अभिषेक
40 Meaning of every Buddhist objects
41 How to do daily puja at home? दैनिक पुजापाठ विधि
42 Manjushree Elemental Astrology मञ्जुश्री तत्व ज्योतिष
43 Campaign of Prosperity and Enlightenment
44 Monastic life गुम्बा जीवन
45 Monastic Activities गुम्बाको गतिविधि
46 Woman in Buddhism बौद्ध महिला
47 Development Concept of Buddhism. बौद्ध धर्मको विकासको अवधारणा
48 Academic Buddhism प्राविधिक बौद्ध शिक्षा
49 Buddhism and Modern Science. बौद्ध धर्म र आधुनिक विज्ञान
50 Buddhism and Modern Society. बौद्ध धर्म र आधुनिक समाज
51 Peace, War and Buddha Dharma बौद्ध धर्म र युद्ध
52 Buddhist debate Program. बौद्ध तर्क कार्यक्रम
53 Buddhism in School स्कूलमा बौद्ध धर्म
54 Buddhism in Daily life. दैनिक जीवनमा बौद्ध धर्म
55 Social Concept of Buddhism बौद्ध धर्मको सामाजिक अवधारणा
56 Practical Concept of Buddhism बौद्ध धर्मको व्यावहारिक अवधारणा
57 Buddhism and mental Health. बौद्ध धर्म र मानसिक स्वस्थ्य
58 Devotion in Vajrayana Buddhism बज्रयान बौद्ध धर्ममा भक्तिको महत्व
59 100 Express News
60 Tantric Practice in Buddhism. बौद्ध तान्त्रिक अभ्यास
61 Buddhism and faith. बौद्ध धर्म र आस्था
62 Buddhism and Religious tolerance बौद्ध धर्म र धार्मिक सहिष्णुता
63 Interaction Program on Buddhism बौद्ध धर्मबारे अन्तरक्रिया कार्यक्रम
64 Quiz Contest in Buddhism हाजिरी जवाफ कार्यक्रम ।
65 Global Buddhist Information Program विश्व बौद्ध सुचना कार्यक्रम
66 Buddhist languages and Literature बौद्ध भाषाहरु
67 Buddhist Art of Living बौद्ध जीवन कला
68 Buddhist Art and Architecture बौद्ध कला तथा वास्तुकला
69 Buddhist Engineering बौद्ध इन्जिनियरिङ
70 Buddhist Traditional Medical Science बौद्ध पारम्परिक आयु विज्ञान
71 What is Liberation and Enlightenment? मोक्ष र बुद्धत्व के हो ?
72 An analysis on Avidharma अभिधर्म एक चर्चा
73 Precepts is Buddhism विनय शासन
74 How to die? कसरी मृत्युवरण गर्ने ?
75 Secret Practice in Buddhism. बौद्ध धर्ममा गुह्य अभ्यास
76 Position of Woman in Bajrayana Buddhism बज्रयान बौद्ध धर्ममा महिला को स्थान
77 How to be Happy ? कसरी सुखी रहने ?
78 How to become Rich? कसरी धनवान बन्ने ?
79 Samsara and nirvana संसार एवं निर्वाणा
80 Four Noble Truth चतुआर्य सत्य
81 Noble Eightfold Path आर्य अष्टाङगिक मार्ग
82 12 Chain of Dependent Origination प्रतित्य समुत्पाद
83 Nine tendencies नौ यान
84 5 path and 10 Ground of Bodhisatwa ५ मार्ग एवं १० भूमि
85 Who is Buddha ? बुद्ध को हुन् ?
86 Triple Gem त्रिरत्न
87 Who is Rinpoche ? को हुन् रिन्पोछे ९रत्न पुरुष ?
88 84 Siddhas of Buddhism ८४ सिद्धहरु
89 Mahayana Buddhism माहायान बौद्ध धर्म
90 Therabada Buddhism थेरवाद बौद्ध धर्म
91 How to Become Buddhist? कसरी बौद्ध बन्ने ?
92 Genericity in Buddhism. बुद्ध धर्ममा दानको महत्व
93 Nyungne Practice in Buddhism. ञ्युङ्ने उपोषध व्रत
94 Taking refuge in Triple gems त्रिरत्न शरण गमन
95 Hair cutting and naming ceremony टाचे कार्यक्रम
96 A biography of 84 Siddhas ८४ सिद्धहरुको जीवनी
97Peaceful tourशान्ति पद यात्रा
98 Alms food program भिक्षाटन कार्यक्रम
99 How to turn activities into practice for enlightenment हरेक क्रियाकलापलाई बोधि ज्ञ्यान प्राप्ति हेतु अभ्यास कसरी परिवर्तन गर्ने
100 Right Livelihood सम्यक आजिविका
101 Astrological science ज्योतिष्य विज्ञान
102 Cycle of Samsara
103 The Great Swoyambhu Stupa
Swayambhu Puran, Langru Lungten etc.
104Nalanda University of Buddhism A research
105 Flash News
106 The Hope
107 The Delight Earth
108 Buddhism In Tamang Society
109 Jyangter Ritual Trainings
110 Life Story Of Mila Repa
111 Bheyul 112 Pilgrimage Tour to Asian Buddhist Heritage
All the sponsor member will have free service for following short documentary video and awards :
1. Bio-graphy Documentary designing and broadcast to Dharma TV
2. Awarding with various awards every year
ANNUAL DHARMA AWARDING PROGRAMS FOR RESPECTS AND INSPIRATION
Dharma Chakra Award
Dharma Chakra Award
Dharma Chakra Theravada Award
Dharma Chakra Mahayana Award
Dharma Chakra Vajrayana Award
1. Dharma Ashoka Leadership Award
Dharma Ashoka National Leadership Award
Dharma Ashoka International Leadership Award
2. Padma Sambhava Mahasiddha Award
3. Nagarjuna Invention Award
4. Manjushree Award
Manjushree Best School Award
Manjushree Best College & University Award
Manjushree Best Artist Award
Manjushree Buddhist Music Award
Manjushree Corporate Award
5. Ananda Humanitarian Award
6. Vishakha Women Welfare Award
7. Anatha Pindika Philanthropist Award
8. Xuanzang Great Pilgrim Award
9. Jivaka Medication Award
Nominated for Jivaka Best Hospital Award
Nominated for Jivaka Best Doctor Award
There has been total 19 categories of Dharma Awards