Dharma TV is an international television channel established with the purpose of spreading teachings of Buddha, Bodhi Satwas and other Buddhist Siddhas.
It was established in the name of Mahabodhi Television as an online TV by Venerable Khen Rinpoche (Dr.)Sonam Gyurme Tamang in 2009.
Now it has become the first Buddhist Satellite Television in the name of Dharma Television in Nepal registered under Information Department of the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Govt. of Nepal.
It has been broadcasting around 40 different program on Buddhist teachings, meditation, philosophy, applied Buddhism, story, trainings, various talks, news and reports as a leading television.
Dharma Television recently launching programs in major Nepali and English languages and in near future it will manage to broadcast in major four languages such as English, Chinese, Hindi and Nepali and other local languages and European languages.
Now Dharma Television can be watched in cable TV within in entire Nepal and soon it can be watched in hundreds of countries on satellite TV and it can be also watched worldwide except few countries on IP TV, Mobile App, Website, YouTube and other social media.
In the future, programs will be designed in the proper guidance of the enlightened ones, renowned Buddhist masters and practitioners.
Dharma TV will not only broadcast programs but it directly or indirectly involves in researches and preservation of worldwide Buddhist heritage and academic and non-academic education and institution.
To bring worldwide Buddhist communities into Noble Sangha and its noble path, Dharma TV will play a role with different worldwide society to make this objective fruitful.
Through the concepts of Buddhist art of living, religious tolerance, brotherhood and compassionate practices, Dharma TV will always seek to make the balanced societies and it plays a guardian role among countries.
Special Campaign of Dharma Television
Dharma Television has especial campaign to provide ‘Monastery Affiliated Membership’ and Sangha Affiliated Membership to worldwide monastery and organizations and Dharma TV will play a role of An Official Media of worldwide monasteries and organizations. It has also been joining worldwide monks and nuns as its ‘Dharma Sambahak’ (Dharma Teachers) and other lay people to Dharma Intelligent Group to make involve in the welfare for nation and entire world.
THE PROBLEMS, CHALLENGES AND SOLUTION
The main problem for decreasing the population of Buddhist in Nepal is the lack of Buddhist monastic schools, colleges, institutes and Buddhist media and as the challenges everyday Buddhist followers from mountain and remote area entering to other religion. Its permanent solution is to establish Buddhist schools , Buddhist College and Buddhist Television which will serve 24 hours people with various important topics of Buddhist studies and practices and followers keep practicing Buddhism and gradually promote it to not only Nepal but entire world.
Primary objective of Dharma Television is to bring peace, happiness, compassion, love, kindness and peace among people through the philosophy of Buddhist doctrine and Buddha. Basic focus will be to make research documentary of worldwide Buddhist heritage, pilgrimage, movie on Buddhist Philosophy, DVD of different courses, Yoga, Meditation, Himalayan Language, Himalayan Grammar, Astrological and healing trainings.
It will distribute all documentaries and course video to the schools and colleges of country and worldwide Buddhist institutes and organizations to make Buddhism as a subject of core study and research.
This television is established for the development and well-being of all the people without discrimination on the caste, creed, gender and religion.
THE OBJECTIVES OF DHARMA TELEVISION ARE TO:
1. Broadcast programs on Buddhist philosophy, meditation, yoga, meditative music, Buddhist art, ritual, Astrology and other Various news, talks shows, research, etc.
2. Broadcast documentary video which are entertaining and provides knowledge relating to Buddhist culture, philosophy etc. focusing to children education.
3. Making and broadcasting documentary video on global Buddhist heritages, Buddhist archeology, historical places and develop them as a syllabus of the subjects for the University, college and social organization.
4. Researching on different places and make research documentary video that provides the exact information on particular places.
5. Making and broadcasting video album of teachings and practices on all Buddhis tradition such as Himalaya Buddhist tradition, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indian Buddhist tradition .
6. Taking video shoots of the teaching and practices of different schools of Buddhist University as complete series of Academic Buddhist curriculum.
7. Broadcast the Buddha dharma, its principle so that it can be known throughout the world and also conserve some important Buddhist Tradition.
8. Forecast or film the cultural and religious program like Dharma dance, Loshar festival, traditional marriage organized by various monastery, vihar, schools, institutes, organization and devotees. After forecasting, regarding the request of the organizer it also produces DVD documentary movie and distributes to the related person and organization.
9. Broadcasting live distance teaching, talks, reports, events, conferences, meetings, announcement, traditional and cultural programs and other programs of different countries.
10. Providing Affiliations ‘Monastery Affiliated Membership’ Sangha Affiliated Membership, ‘Dharma Sambahak Membership’ ‘Dharma Intelligent Group’s Membership’ of Dharma Television as an Official Media to work worldwide effectively for the benefit of worldwide Buddhist monasteties, organization, masters and lay practitioners.
11.Collect different kinds of documentary from various countries relating with religion and culture of Buddhism and subtitle them into English, Chinese and Nepali etc. and to broadcast and distribute them.
DHARMA TELEVISION WILL PRODUCE AND BROADCAST FOLLOWING DOCUMENTRIES IN MANY LANGUAGES OR WITH MANY SUBTITLES IN THE FUTURE AND DISTRIBUTE AS A CURRICULUMS FOR SCHOOLS AND COLLEGES
1. Buddhist Religion related to the physical structure, the Stupa, Monastery, and Meditation Center, Mystery of legendary fellow, the statue of Buddha
2. Documentary of Buddhist infrastructure, Renovation, Monastery, Meditation Center, Renovation of the place of pilgrimage, construction of metallurgy, making of Thanka, Stone arts etc.
3. Documentary film on Religious Activities, worships, Chanting, Devotional songs (Vajan) etc.
4. Documentary film about Discourses, Biographies of Buddhas , Bodhi satwas, scholars, Teachers, Philosophers, lecturers, Rinpoche , Monks and Phd holders.
5. Documentary about Tripitaka, Nine Mahayana sutras, Kangyur-tengyur.
6. Keeping record about already created programs by other people like Documentary, Dhamma Serial, Public Talk, Discourses, Animation Film, and Cartoons.
7. Making Studio Recorded Talk Show, Discourses, Question- Answer, Public Talk, Chanting etc.
8. Develop Tele-serial on the basis of Buddha’s Jataka Tell, Mani Kabum, Kathang Denga, Tripitaka, Nawagranthasutra, kangyur, Tengyur, Swayambhu Purana and other based on Buddhist history.
9. Make animated serial, Film, Feature Film and Cartoons related to Buddhism.
10.Make documentaries on Lumbini, Baudha, Swayambhu, Bodhgaya etc about global Buddhist heritages.
11.Live Phone in (Question Answer) Dharma Talk Show, multi personalities.
12.Telecast Live Phone in (Question Answer) Dharma Talk Show.
13.Making Recorded Live Quiz Contest.
Running Programs on Dharma Television
DHARMA AWARDS & SPECIAL PROGRAM
1. Riwo Sangchhoe
2. Saddharma Anugrihit Jivan Yatra
3. The Helping Hands
4. Global Monastery & Sangha Convention
NEWS & UPCOMING PROGRAM
1. Dharma Samachar
2. Samyukta Samachar
3. Dharma News
4. Collective News
5. Express News
6. National Municipality News
7. Rastriya Palika Samachar
8. Rastriya Palika Sambad
9. Bishes Sandarbha
1. Dharma Sambad
2. Janahit Awaj
3. Samyak Prasna
4. Our Generation
TEACHING & TRAININGS
1. Himalaya School
2. Gyalse Laglen
3. Path of Peace
4. Dharma Discourse
5. Why Nyungne is so important ?
6. Thoema Practice
7. Buddhist date and significance
1. Samyak Sambuddha
2. Paramaarth Abhidhamma
3. Buddhist Art & Architecture
4. Vajrayana Buddhism
5. Buddhist, Science & Philosophy
DOCUMENTERY, BIO-GRAPHY & STORIES
1. Life Story of Prominent Masters
2. Pilgrimage Visit
3. Life Story of Vikhkhuni Kamala
4. Life Story of Buddha
5. Story of Guru Padma Sambhav
DHARMA SONGS, MANTRAS & PRAYERS
1. Puja & Dharma Practices
2. Dharma Tunes
BEST WISHES, FUN & CULTURAL PROGRAM
1. Best Wishes
2. Fun Games with Monks
3. Cultural Program
4. Mantra & bhajan
FOLLOWING ARE TARGETED PROGRAMS WHICH WILL BE BROADCASTED ON DHARMA TELEVISION SOON
1. Dharma Awards 2021 (Award Program)
2. Miss Bhrikuti Tara(Beauty Pageant)
3. World Buddhist Heritage (Land of Buddha)
विश्व बौद्ध सम्पदा
4. Distance Dharma Talks
दुूरी धर्म संवाद
Distance Dharma Discourses
दूरी धर्म उपदेश
Language Training and Certificate Offering
Propose of Life
व्यवहारिक बौद्ध शिक्षा
Life with Right livelihood
Daily Buddhist Practices
दैनिक बौद्ध अभ्यास
हिमाली बौद्ध धर्म
बज्रयान बौद्ध धर्म
Culture and Tradition
Non Sectarian Buddhism
असम्प्रदायिक बौद्ध धर्म
Political Science of Buddhism
बौद्ध राजनीतिक विज्ञान
Social Science of Buddhism
बौद्ध सामाजिक विज्ञान
Buddhism and Modern Science
बौद्ध धर्म र वर्तमान विज्ञान
History of Buddhism
बुद्ध धर्मको इतिहास
Buddhism for youth
युवाहरुका लागि बौद्ध धर्म
Morning session of Puja and practices
शुभ प्रभात पुजा तथा अभ्यास
Evening session of Puja and practices
सन्ध्या कालिन पुजा तथा अभ्यास
An introduction to a Meditation
ध्यान एक परिचय
An introduction to a Buddhist Healing
साधना उपचार एक परिचय
Comparative Philosophy of Buddhism
पारम्पारिक बौद्ध धर्म
A biography of Padma Sanbhawa and others
गुरु पद्य संभव जीवनी
Global Buddhist Activities
विश्व बौद्ध गतिविधि
An analysis to Dharma TV Award
धर्म टिभी पुरस्कार एक समिक्षा
Buddhist Children School.
बौद्ध बाल विद्यालय
Jataka Tales and Life Story of Buddha
Life style according to Buddha
बौद्ध जीवन शैली
Monastic Management Program.
गुम्बा व्यवस्थापन कार्यक्रम
Blessing and empowerment
आर्शिवाद एवं अभिषेक
Meaning of every Buddhist objects
How to do daily puja at home?
दैनिक पुजापाठ विधि
Manjushree Elemental Astrology
मञ्जुश्री तत्व ज्योतिष
Campaign of Prosperity and Enlightenment
Woman in Buddhism
Development Concept of Buddhism.
बौद्ध धर्मको विकासको अवधारणा
प्राविधिक बौद्ध शिक्षा
Buddhism and Modern Science.
बौद्ध धर्म र आधुनिक विज्ञान
Buddhism and Modern Society.
बौद्ध धर्म र आधुनिक समाज
Peace, War and Buddha Dharma
बौद्ध धर्म र युद्ध
Buddhist debate Program.
बौद्ध तर्क कार्यक्रम
Buddhism in School
स्कूलमा बौद्ध धर्म
Buddhism in Daily life.
दैनिक जीवनमा बौद्ध धर्म
Social Concept of Buddhism
बौद्ध धर्मको सामाजिक अवधारणा
Practical Concept of Buddhism
बौद्ध धर्मको व्यावहारिक अवधारणा
Buddhism and mental Health.
बौद्ध धर्म र मानसिक स्वस्थ्य
Devotion in Vajrayana Buddhism
बज्रयान बौद्ध धर्ममा भक्तिको महत्व
100 Express News
Tantric Practice in Buddhism.
बौद्ध तान्त्रिक अभ्यास
Buddhism and faith.
बौद्ध धर्म र आस्था
Buddhism and Religious tolerance
बौद्ध धर्म र धार्मिक सहिष्णुता
Interaction Program on Buddhism
बौद्ध धर्मबारे अन्तरक्रिया कार्यक्रम
Quiz Contest in Buddhism
हाजिरी जवाफ कार्यक्रम ।
Global Buddhist Information Program
विश्व बौद्ध सुचना कार्यक्रम
Buddhist languages and Literature
Buddhist Art of Living
बौद्ध जीवन कला
Buddhist Art and Architecture
बौद्ध कला तथा वास्तुकला
Buddhist Traditional Medical Science
बौद्ध पारम्परिक आयु विज्ञान
What is Liberation and Enlightenment?
मोक्ष र बुद्धत्व के हो ?
An analysis on Avidharma
अभिधर्म एक चर्चा
Precepts is Buddhism
How to die?
कसरी मृत्युवरण गर्ने ?
Secret Practice in Buddhism.
बौद्ध धर्ममा गुह्य अभ्यास
Position of Woman in Bajrayana Buddhism
बज्रयान बौद्ध धर्ममा महिला को स्थान
How to be Happy ?
कसरी सुखी रहने ?
How to become Rich?
कसरी धनवान बन्ने ?
Samsara and nirvana
संसार एवं निर्वाणा
Four Noble Truth
Noble Eightfold Path
आर्य अष्टाङगिक मार्ग
12 Chain of Dependent Origination
5 path and 10 Ground of Bodhisatwa
५ मार्ग एवं १० भूमि
Who is Buddha ?
बुद्ध को हुन् ?
Who is Rinpoche ?
को हुन् रिन्पोछे ९रत्न पुरुष ?
84 Siddhas of Buddhism
माहायान बौद्ध धर्म
थेरवाद बौद्ध धर्म
How to Become Buddhist?
कसरी बौद्ध बन्ने ?
Genericity in Buddhism.
बुद्ध धर्ममा दानको महत्व
Nyungne Practice in Buddhism.
ञ्युङ्ने उपोषध व्रत
Taking refuge in Triple gems
त्रिरत्न शरण गमन
Hair cutting and naming ceremony
A biography of 84 Siddhas
८४ सिद्धहरुको जीवनी
शान्ति पद यात्रा
Alms food program
How to turn activities into practice for enlightenment
हरेक क्रियाकलापलाई बोधि ज्ञ्यान प्राप्ति हेतु अभ्यास कसरी परिवर्तन गर्ने
Cycle of Samsara
The Great Swoyambhu Stupa
Swayambhu Puran, Langru Lungten etc.
Nalanda University of Buddhism
The Delight Earth
Buddhism In Tamang Society
Jyangter Ritual Trainings
Life Story Of Mila Repa
Pilgrimage Tour to Asian Buddhist Heritage
Sponsor Membership of Dharma Television
2. Individual Program Sponsor Member
3. General Program Sponsor Member
4. Community Sponsor Member
5.Individual Regular Sponsor Member
6. Community Regular Sponsor Member
7. Program Stage/Studio Sponsor
8. Equipment Sponsor Member
9. Vehicle Sponsor Member
10. Offic Rental Sponsor Member
11. Staff Expense Sponsor Member
12. Satellite Service Sponsor Member
13. Office Rental Sponsor Member
14. Puja Sponsor Member
15. Dharma Awards Sponsor Member
16 Miss Bhrikuti Tara Sponosr Member
17. Special Events Sponsor Member
All the sponsor member will have free service for following short documentary video and awards :
1. Bio-graphy Documentary designing and broadcast to Dharma TV
2. Awarding with various awards every year
ANNUAL DHARMA AWARDING PROGRAMS FOR RESPECTS AND INSPIRATION
Dharma Chakra Award
Dharma Chakra Award
Dharma Chakra Theravada Award
Dharma Chakra Mahayana Award
Dharma Chakra Vajrayana Award
1. Dharma Ashoka Leadership Award
Dharma Ashoka National Leadership Award
Dharma Ashoka International Leadership Award
2. Padma Sambhava Mahasiddha Award
3. Nagarjuna Invention Award
4. Manjushree Award
Manjushree Best School Award
Manjushree Best College & University Award
Manjushree Best Artist Award
Manjushree Buddhist Music Award
Manjushree Corporate Award
5. Ananda Humanitarian Award
6. Vishakha Women Welfare Award
7. Anatha Pindika Philanthropist Award
8. Xuanzang Great Pilgrim Award
Jivaka Medication Award
Nominated for Jivaka Best Hospital Award
Nominated for Jivaka Best Doctor Award
There has been total 19 categories of Dharma Awards